Email: info@rsatu.com Phone: +7(985)212-3908

History of University

The university was founded on May 25, 1955, as the Shcherbakov Evening Aviation Technological Institute, which by the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR on October 30, 1957, was renamed the Rybinsk Evening Aviation Technological Institute.

On April 27, 1973, the Rybinsk Evening Aviation Technological Institute was reorganized into the Rybinsk Aviation Technological Institute, which was renamed the Andropov Aviation Technological Institute.

On May 6, 1989, the Andropov Aviation Technological Institute was renamed into the Rybinsk Aviation Technological Institute, which was renamed into the Rybinsk State Aviation Technological Academy by order of the State Committee of the Russian Federation for Higher Education on June 23, 1994.

By order of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation dated February 15, 2002, the Rybinsk State Aviation Technological Academy was renamed into the state educational institution of higher professional education Soloviev Rybinsk State Aviation Technological Academy.

State educational institution of higher professional education “Soloviev Rybinsk State Aviation Technological Academy” was reorganized by joining it as a structural unit of the state educational institution of secondary vocational education of the Rybinsk Aviation College.

May 25, 2011. State educational institution of higher professional education “Soloviev Rybinsk State Aviation Technological Academy ” was renamed into the federal state budgetary educational institution of higher professional education “Soloviev Rybinsk State Aviation Technological Academy”.

November 11, 2011. Federal State Budgetary Establishment of Higher Professional Education “Solovyov Rybinsk State Aviation Technological Academy ” was renamed into the federal state budgetary educational institution of higher professional education “Soloviev Rybinsk State Aviation Technical University”.